Managing assets is an important yet complicated task, especially as organisations continue to add new applications, solutions, and other assets to their portfolio. Increasing complexity makes it harder for businesses to view, organise, and manage different products, services, and solutions, often requiring additional effort to arrange, filter, and categorise.
Actively and accurately managing hardware and software assets can reduce the amount of money spent during their lifecycle at an organisation. The right asset management solution ensures businesses can view, arrange, and manage different products and services. It also can provide dedicated and filtered views for expired units, decommissioned units, and notifications on the assets.
Fortinet’s FortiCloud asset and hardware lifecycle management empowers organisations to better manage their products and services. With an intuitive single-pane dashboard, the account management portal makes it easy to register, organise, and view all Fortinet products and services in one place.
What’s new in FortiCloud?
The latest version of the FortiCloud asset management portal includes three new enhancements that will further simplify Fortinet asset portfolio management.
- Remote access expansion: remote management is now available for FortiAnalyser, FortiProxy, and FortiWeb. Simply click on the product in the asset portfolio once remote access has been enabled. From there, it will seamlessly tunnel a user into the graphical user interface (GUI) from the FortiCloud portal.
- New account permission model: the new multi-dimensional permission model provides greater fine-grained control and makes it easier to set permissions per user and role basis. It also comes with two new design factors:
- permission profile: defines the enabled portals and the access permissions for these portals available to an assigned user
- permission scope: defines the scope of access within the account itself.
- Organisation support: the centralised account management service consolidates multiple FortiCloud accounts in organisational units (OUs). The service provides a single pane of visibility across multiple FortiCloud accounts to manage assets and cloud services. It also invites accounts and hierarchical account grouping and access roles for user permission, essentially helping businesses manage multiple FortiCloud accounts from within a single organisational unit.
Simplified views for better asset management
The FortiCloud portal features additional views that empower businesses to better manage their products and services. Some of the key views that offer enhanced functionality include:
- Fortinet products list: the list provides a complete view of all products and services that can be arranged into folders and sub-folders within the ‘My Assets’ tree structure. Views can be filtered, sorted, and grouped to easily find and manage assets. For each product, the portal provides a drill-down view of all the asset-related information such as entitlements, support tickets, licences, renewals, statistics, and cloud services.
- FortiCloud account services: the account services menu lists products, contracts, services, or licences applicable at the FortiCloud account level, for example, the FortiCloud premium account licence. When the user clicks on one of the products listed, it will provide further details about the registration date, what the licence entails, and when the product will expire.
- Models available for TradeUp: on the Fortinet TradeUp page, users can view products in their account eligible for the TradeUp program. Any end-of-order (EOO) products available for TradeUp are listed along with the recommended replacement. This is one of the best ways to access the latest Fortinet products and services.
- Vulnerable hardware and software assets: the vulnerability list includes units with identified critical vulnerabilities and information about the vulnerability from FortiGuard. When the user clicks on the vulnerability, they are sent to a page that provides information on how to resolve it. It may be that the product is no longer supported and it may be worth utilising the TradeUp program.
Removing asset management complexity
IT ecosystems are extremely complex and can waste time and resources without the right strategy and systems. Proper asset management prevents unnecessary IT purchases, enhances record accuracy, ensures compliance with licence agreements, and improves employee productivity.
Fortinet’s FortiCloud asset and hardware lifecycle management empowers organisations to better manage their products and services. The easy-to-use portal lets businesses easily register, organise, view, and decommission all Fortinet products, services, and solutions within the FortiCloud platform. With a single portal for assets and registration, organisations can reduce asset management complexity and easily track licence expirations across all Fortinet assets.
To find out how Wavelink can help you simplify your customer’s Fortinet asset portfolio management with FortiCloud, watch our latest on-demand webinar today.